Pattaya is proudly known as the ‘party capital of the East’ and is a fun mix of shopping malls, markets, resorts, old streets and an excellent night life. Its enchanting demography with long sandy beaches and mini islands balances out the skyscrapers making Pattaya a hotspot for tourists and travellers from all over the world.
Being a tourist hotspot, Pattaya has a countless number of enterprises for each of its visitors.
- Nightlife – Being the party capital of Thailand, one may find a club or pub at every nook and corner. The Walking Street which looks like any regular street at sundown revamps into a boisterous scene with bars and gastro-pubs. The neon street lights will guide you through beach-facing bars, themed restaurants and road-side eateries.
- Water Sports – A short sail on a boat over the azure waters will take you to Pattaya’s own Coral Island, which is a tiny tropical island made entirely of the beautiful coral reefs. Experience an adrenaline rush with deep sea diving, paragliding or even and underwater walk as the beautiful aquatic life swarms around you.
- Cabaret Shows – Performed by the exclusive transgender artist community, these shows are particularly native to Pattaya as these sophisticated Broadway-style cabaret shows are the perfect displays of the far-eastern culture with a touch of artistry, drama and creativity.
- Safaris – The dense tropical jungles of Thailand are home to a lush variety of wild animals. There are a number of safari worlds within a driving distance from Pattaya that will take you into the wilderness to explore it. Also, the Tiger Temple at Pattaya gives you the once in a lifetime opportunity to pet a tiger.
Soon, the soldiers’ tales about their holiday in Pattaya spread through the world, and Pattaya soon became an alternate attraction to Bangkok because of its undying quaint charm.
Be it inexpensive street food or high-end, sea-facing fine dining, Thai food will never fail to please your taste buds. Its twists of spices and exclusive flavors are known to the entire world. But, to live the real Thai experience, a meal in any of these eateries in Pattaya is an absolute must.
- The Glass House – The Glass House offers the perfect little setting for a lovely date along the seashore as you hear the gushing waves and winds. One may find this place booked up to the top at almost all times, being one of the most highly rated, sophisticated restaurants in Pattaya serving delicious Thai cuisine.
- Lung Sawai Seafood – Lung Sawai Seafood is a highly recommended restaurant as it serves authentic Thai seafood and is one of the oldest and recognized beach shacks on the Jomtein Beach. The food there is fresh and inexpensive food, and the restaurants signature dish, The Kan Chiang Pu Neung which is steamed sea crab dipped in a top-secret sauce concoction, will leave fish-lovers coming back for more.
- Ruen Thai Restaurant – Dinner at Pattaya’s Ruen Thai Restaurant will leave the taste of Thailand dancing on your tongue for a long while. Using traditional Thai utensils for a rustic experience, with live performances of cultural dance and song to entertain you, Ruen Thai is a favorite of most tourists.
- Street Food – It goes without saying that Pattaya, like Bangkok, has Thailand’s best street-side bistros. Accompanied by some live music under Chinese lanterns the street food has something to please all five senses! Most of the street markets like the Thepprasit Night Market have a number of stalls selling yummy Thai and Chinese dishes.
From ancient, historical relics to some of the greatest architectural wonders of the world, Pattaya has something to keep all types of travellers engrossed in different activities.
- The Sanctuary of Truth – The Sanctuary of Truth is a temple construction made entirely of wood with sculptures of Buddhist and Hindu motifs. As it stands with grandiose on the shore at Laem Rathchawet, its architecture leaves its visitors astonished. The wooden temple attempts to combine art and culture to reflect ideas of religion, philosophic truth and the power of knowledge as the motifs depict stories leading to the ultimate truth of life.
- Mini Siam – Located in the core of the city, Mini Siam is a miniature village featuring miniature models of some of the great wonders of Thailand and the rest of the world. It’s not often that you get to see the Sydney’s Opera House, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Eiffel tower of Paris within a walking distance from each other!
- Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden – The Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden is one attraction in Pattaya which has a combination of many different activities and showcases in a single location. This vast paradise has beautiful thematic gardens, horticultural displays and an open amphitheater for cultural performances, martial art demonstrations and even elephant shows.
With many other attractions like ancient temples like the Wat Khao Phra Bat, Wat Yanasangwararam, Woramahawihan, entertainment havens like the Cartoon Network Amazone waterpark and Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum Pattaya has an entertainment-filled holiday for people of all ages and tastes.