Explore Thai Culture, History of 4 Capital Cities
Thailand, a popular tourist destination, is known for the cultural variety it offers across the country. Every city has a new adventure in store. The 4 capital cities of Thailand i.e. Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai are renowned hubs of heritage and culture. You can spend your time exploring the Thai culture, history, and cuisine as you journey from one city to another. Upon reaching, you shall get to visit all the important landmarks of every city like UNESCO heritage sites, dinner cruises along the Chao Phraya river, the Golden temple and many other historically significant places.
**Rate Information: This cost is for one person on a double/twin sharing basis.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCultural, Explorer, Historic
Activity Level Leisurely
- Explore Thai culture, Thai history, Thai cuisine, Thai local way of living & Thai tribals
- Explore 4 capital cities of Thailand; Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai
- Overnight train journey from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
- Explore important landmarks of each city
- Explore world UNESCO heritage site
- Enjoy dinner on cruise in Bangkok, Chao Phraya river – historically important
- Explore Golden Triangle, meeting point of 3 countries – Myanmar, Laos& Thailand
|Travel Style||Explorer, cultural, historic|
|No. of Cities||2|
|Number of Nights||7|
|Ending city||Chiang Mai|
TRIP AT A GLANCE:
Day 1 –Arrive in Bangkok/ Siam Niramit show
Day 2 –Bangkok city temple tour/Chao Phraya River cruise
Day 3 – Ayutthaya temple tour
Day 4 – Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha/ Train Journey from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
Day 5 – Arrive in Chiang Mai – Khantoke dinner
Day 6 – Golden Triangle tour
Day 7 – Half Day DoiSuthep & White Hmong Hilltribe tour/ Chiang Mai night safari
Day 8 – Departure from Chiang Mai
3 Nights Accommodation with daily breakfast in Bangkok
3 Nights Accommodation with daily breakfast in Chiang Mai
- Siam Niramit Show with Dinner (Regular Seat) on SIC basis
- Bangkok 3 Temple Tour & Gems Gallery on SIC basis
- Chao Pharaya Princess Dinner cruise on SIC basis
- Ayutthaya temple tour with River Cruise & Lunch on SIC basis
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha with Gems Gallery on SIC basis
- Khantoke dinner Chiang Mai on SIC basis
- Full Day Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle tour on SIC basis
- Half day Doi Suthep and White Hmong Hilltribe Tour on Private Basis (01 Pax)
- Chiang Mai Night Safari With English speaking Guide on Private Basis (01 Pax)
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Bangkok hotel on Private basis
- Train Journey from Bangkok to Chiang Mai(Overnight Journey)
- Private Transfer to Chiang Mai Hotel
- Chiang Mai Hotel To Chiang Mai Airport on Private basis
Travstore offers Travel Insurance
Terms & Conditions:
- Rates are valid for 2 travelers traveling together
- All tours are Join tours & can be upgraded to Private tours which will carry a surcharge
- For SIC tours, transfers will wait maximum 10 mins from confirmed time, once transfers are missed, guests are required to reach attraction on their own. Arranging transfers will attract additional surcharge.
- All rates are for base category rooms only
- All the SIC rates valid only for hotels located in Downtown areas. Hotels Located far from city center may have to pay extra cost for the pickup
- Rates are valid for Travel between 01st April 2017- 31st October 2017
- Things not mentioned in inclusions
- This package doesn’t include any flight costs. You are required to arrange for your flights.
Arrive in Bangkok
You shall arrive at the Bangkok capital, procure your visa and meet a Travstore representative who will then help arrange your transfers in an AC van. Once you reach your hotel you can check, relax until the Siam Niramit show in the evening. Renown for its use of world class technology and amazing sound effects, it takes you back in time to when Bangkok was still known as Siam. A sumptuously prepared meal shall accompany you throughout!
Discover temples of Bangkok
Begin your day with a delicious breakfast before leaving for the three temples city tour. You shall visit the three most important temples of the city — Wat Traimit & Wat Benchamabophit and Wat Pho.
Wat Traimit is the world’s most impressive statue weighing 5.5. tons and made complete out of gold! The second temple, Wat Benchamabophit, is made out of marble and is modern yet incredibly striking. Lastly, Wat Pho has a huge reclining statue of Buddha as well as thousands of Buddha images inside. The tour shall end at 13.00 hours. You can relax in the hotel till the sun sets.
Evening shall have much in store for you as you cruise through the Chao Phraya River under the pale moonlight and discover the fascinating intricacies of Bangkok through a lovely buffet dinner and various other cultural performances.
Explore runis of Siam Dynasty in city of Ayutthaya
After a sumptuous breakfast, we shall head out to explore the city of Ayutthaya — former capital of the city of Siam — that is located just North of Bangkok. Destroyed by the Burmese invasion, it has now been declared as w world heritage sight by UNESCO. After visiting a few important temples, you can spend your leisurely evening enjoy the river boat cruise down the Chao Phraya River that will not only add relevance to your evening meal but also help you understand the culture a tad better.
Visit to Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha
After a hearty breakfast, you shall proceed for a Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha Tour at 08.30 hours in the morning. The Grand Palace is a splendid manifestation of human talent. It’s intricate architecture and style leave you in awe. It houses a giant statue craved out of Jade at Wat Phra Kaew. There’s also an interesting Gems gallery and plenty of opportunities to be at your photogenic best.
After the tour, you shall have to check out of the hotel and take an overnight train to Chiang Mai. The Train Journey from Bangkok to Chiang Mai is the highlight of this tour, you get to explore the country part of Thailand which is yet to be captured by photographs.
Arrive in Chiang Mai & Khantoke Dinner
You shall arrive in Chiang Mai — the capital city of Thailand during the Lana Kingdom — check in at the hotel and relax till the evening arrives, which is when you will be heading for the Khantoke dinner. An authentic Thai dinner alongside performances that take your breath away, it is a perfect evening for the family!
Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle tour
Have breakfast and then head out for a full day tour of Chaing Rai and the Golden Triangle. The Capital of the Lana Kingdom, this city is almost 2000 years old and that’s exactly why there is so much to explore. The famous Golden Triangle is a thrilling experience as it’s not only known for being a prolific opium producing area but also represents the border of three neighboring countries: Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. After an eventful and tiring day, you shall head back to the hotel and get a good night’s sleep.
Spend a day with White Hmong Hilltribe tour in regions around Doi Suthep & Night Safari
After a sumptuous morning breakfast at the hotel, head out for a half day tour of Doi Suthep & White Hmong Hill tribe. The Dow Suthep is a truly magnificent temple based atop a mountain. The visit will be followed by a drive to the White Hmong Hill tribe where you can interact with the locals and get a more deep understanding of the cultural essence of Thailand.
The evening will have in store for you an enthralling Night Safari. One of the few night safaris in the world, it offers tram rides around the place as you go around marveling at exotic animals. You can even walk around the zoo if you feel like it. Enjoy a cool fountain show accompanied by music.
Departure from Chiang Mai
This will be your last day in the city. Following breakfast, you shall check out of the hotel and depending on your flight timings, transfers to the airport shall be arranged.
Option 1 – 3 Star budget hotels: $650 per person on double sharing
- 3 Nights in D Varee Xpress Makassan in Bangkok(Standrad Room)
- 3 Nights in Ibis Styles in Chiang Mai(Standrad Room)
Option 2 – 4 Star Standard hotels: $788 per person on double sharing
- 3 Nights in Golden Tulip Madison Suites in Bangkok(Deluxe Room)
- 3 Nights in De Naga Hotel in Chiang Mai(Deluxe Room)