- Round-trip transfers on shared basis from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
- Sightseeing and admission fees as per the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking guide throughout the tour
- Tips or gratuities
- Personal expenditure
- 35 THB Per/ Person fuel Cost
Terms & Conditions:
- The timings given are the approximate timings. However they may change due to flight timings or any other unforeseen circumstances
Tentative itinerary of the Tour:
07:00 Hrs: Start from the hotel in Chiang Mai driving along a wildly route via Doi Saket through scenic hills, valleys and villages.
08:15 Hrs: A short break is made at Mae Khachan Hot Spring and White Temple.
08:45 Hrs: Proceed to Chiang Rai province.
11:00 Hrs: Visit Akha & Yao hill tribe villages in Mae Chan area.
12:00 Hrs: Buffet lunch at the restaurant.
13:00 Hrs: Further drive along the Mekong’s River Bank to The World Renowned, Golden Triangle, the mystery land in the past related to the Drug Trade and War and Take boat around the Island.
14:15 Hrs: Drive up a small hill to a scenic point at Wat Pu Kao for a picturesque view over the Mekong River and the meeting point of 3 different countries; Thailand – Laos – Myanmar
14:45 Hrs: Then, take a short walk from the temple down to the Opium Museum where questions and curiosity about the Opium are replied.
15:15 Hrs: Go on travelling to Mae Sai, a bustling market at the border town with Myanmar and the northern most point of Thailand.
15:45 Hrs: Shop around for some precious stones particularly Jade from Myanmar as well as Chinese Goods that are shipped along the Mekong River down to Thailand.
16:45 Hrs: Head back to Chiang Mai.
20:45 Hrs: Arrive and transfer to the hotel.[/vc_column_text]
- Rise and shine because you have an early start to a long day! You will be picked up from your hotels at 7:45 a.m. There isn’t any waiting involved because you will directly be taken to your first destination for the day – The Maekhajan Hot Springs. This is the perfect pace to enjoy a cup of hot coffee before the tour restarts. The hot springs are a delight and you can dip your feet in a few pools. Eggs boiled in the hot spring water are also a speciality!
- After spending some time here, you will head up to the stunning Wat Rong Khun also called The White Temple due do its dazzling white color inlaid with mirrored glass. It is a contemporary, unconventional, privately owned, art exhibit in the style of a Buddhist temple. The most important and well known areas in this temple are The Bridge of the Cycle of Rebirth and The Gate of Heaven. The entrance fee is low, and this temple is a must go to.
- Up next is the golden triangle! This off course is the speciality of the tour. This is the junction of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. This is interesting and you also get a chance to visit the house of opium! From here you will have an option of boarding a boat along Mekong River to the Laos island of Don Sao. The tour will proceed to Mae Sai. This is the bordering town between Thailand and Myanmar. The border is bustling and all it takes is a bridge to go from one country to another! After grabbing quick lunch, you will proceed to the Mai Sai market. Souvenirs will be aplenty and the view of Burma and Thailand together is wonderful indeed.
- Following this experience you will move on to the Yaho hill and Akha Hill tribe! This will be a once in a lifetime experience! You will be welcomed with tribes in folk wear they will sell you beautiful handcrafted items. You can talk to the tribal members and will also be witness to traditional methods of embroidery and weaving.
- We are sure that it would have been a tiring day, but for those of you who are still up for more – there is an optional tour to the Karen Long Neck Island at additional charge. This is an exotic experience of meeting the Karen Tribe people. Best recognized for their elongated necks, the Karen women wear heavy brass rings around their necks, forearms, and shins. It is beautiful to witness how they have kept their traditions alive. This visit to say the least will be literally out of a national geographic magazine!
- You will return around 9:00 p.m. to your hotels. We assure you, the only thing you’ll want to do now is hit the bed, so keep the night free! It would have been a hectic but satisfying day.