PATTAYA INTERNATIONAL FIREWORKS FESTIVAL
Pattaya International Firework Festival
Pattaya International Firework Festival is one of the unique firework display which will compel you to take next flight for Thailand. Pattaya International Fireworks Festival is an international competition between several countries who battles out to display most synchronized firework, the Country who puts on best show is awarded champion. This is an annual competition & this year is schedule to be held in the month of November. This year Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Philippines & Thailand are competing to be crowned as champions. Festivals would be held on Nov 25-26, 2016.
It is an amazing event that has live music, concerts, traditional dance and contemporary dance. its a festival of two days which happens in the weekend every time with more than 100,000 spectators expected to attend this festival. It is one of the city’s most renowned annual events.
There will also be booths selling locally made products, a carnival-style parade, shows, concerts, magic and juggling acts and 3D painting photography along Beach Road.
What to Expect
Pattaya is very lively & vibrant city and has much to offer, one of the most famous beach of South East Asia; Pattaya Beach is an host to this event. Actual event starts after the twilight, but we suggested you leave early so that you pick up a comfy place to witness this event. The show kick-starts around 5 pm, but actual fireworks starts at 8 pm.
The competition begins up with 20 minutes of spectacular display of fireworks, the sky is converted in to beautiful canvas, where firework artist demonstrate breathtaking display of fireworks. The first day is more like a trailer, where participating countries gives a small snippet of fireworks.
The actual competition is on second day, where every country compete to their true potential putting up a synchronized display of Firework for 45 minutes. With 4 countries participating this year, you would be spellbound by the psychedelic sky.
The event is also accompanied by Musical performance & a DJ who further mesmerism experience by adding Music to the arena, its an ultimate feast for all the senses.
The history behind this festival is to celebrate King Bhumibil Adulyadej birthday and his reign as the King of Thailand. Pattaya International Fireworks Festival is for two days where each country that is participating in the event gives a sample of their firework show on the first day and shows a full 45-minute performance the other day.
Earlier this renowned festival was funded by the government and the ministry of defense, it was supposed to be as a 2 year competition to honor their Royal Family back in 2009. Later on when the funding was removed the Thai team didn’t have the financial backing to compete more but since the event was popular the countries decided to continue to reap the financial benefits of holding a fireworks spectacular of this size enhancing the economy of Pattaya and Chonburi province.
The festival’s original aim was to celebrate the reign of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyedej as well as his birthday. The festival still does in a much grander way.
Few Do’s & Don’ts
- Carry a camera to video shoot the exploding fire works just above your head to enjoy terrific and long extravaganza view.
- Hire a motorbike or taxi as there will be no place to park your own vehicle and plan to leave early to witness the fire works .
- Maintain a safe distance of at-least 1 km from display area for personal safety
- If you planning to witness show from some bar, check for extra reservation charges
- Do try thai street food, refreshing beverages of an alcoholic and non-alcoholic nature,Thai handicrafts,souvenirs, cool clothing, traditional ,Thai massages and just about anything else that you could possibly need or want to make the fireworks display even more enjoyable than it already is.
- Enjoy Thai pop bands. Seats in those establishments will disappear fast, so once again get their early.
- Do not attempt to drive your car to location instead go for taxi bike or go on foot as there will be no place to park.
- Take care of your belongings
- Do not carry your passport to the venue you may loose it