- Round-trip Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle included from centrally located hotels in Koh Samui in Seat In Coach Basis
- English speaking experienced guide.
- Anything Not mentioned in Inclusions
- Stops at any other places other than mentioned
- Personal expenditure/ tips/ gratuities etc.
- Tips or gratuities
Tentative itinerary of the Tour
- Pick up as per area of your hotel –
07:30-07:45 hrs: Taling – Ngam
07:45-08:00 hrs: Maenam, Lamai
08:00-08:15 hrs: Chaweng
- 09:00 hrs: Starts with a visit to famous “Grandmother and Grandfather Rocks”, well known for their twin grotesque rocks on shore. Then we take you to the temple which is straight out of Ripley’s believe it or not; mummified monk at Wat Kunaram. Get to know amazing legend about the Great monk.
- 12:30 hrs: Then we head to the hill to see Na Muang waterfall (we bet it can’t get more exotic than this, exploring virgin waterfall).
- 13:30 hrs: Than we take you to Nathon, the island main’s town, what are you waiting for go shop for your close ones!
- 15:00 hrs: On the way back to the hotel we stop to visit the Big Buddha, which has become the Island’s most iconic landmark.
- 15:30 hrs: Drop off to the Hotel
Wai Plai Laem, Big Buddha Temple & Chaweng Viewpoint
A touristy day on Thailand’s second-largest island – Koh Samui – that is abundant with its sandy beaches and trees with coconuts hanging on them, begins with a pick-up from hotel in the morning, followed by a visit to the lake-surrounded Wai Plai Laem – a stunning feat of ancient Thai-Chinese architecture – which is a temple housing giant statues of the Guanyin and the Laughing Buddha,. It is designed by Thailand’s most prominent artist, Phumdonming.
Next is the Big Buddha Temple, locally known as Wat Phra Yai, located near a beach town called the Big Buddha Beach. A local temple that houses a gold-painted 12-metre-high statue of Buddha, it is a major tourist landmark attraction with free entry.
A few kilometres away is the Chaweng Viewpoint – also known as Lat Ko viewpoint – a panoramic masterpiece located between the Lamai and Chaweng beach. The enchanting sunrise on the Chaweng bay is definitely a treat for the eye.
Grandfather & Grandmother Rocks, Monkey Theatre Show, Mummified Monk
The Hin Ta (Grandfather) and Hin Yai (Grandmother) rock formations are a unique set of the nature carving itself around the lives of its inhabitants. Shaped like male and female genitalia, the rocks have given birth to a local legend of tragedy and hope that attracts tourists from around the world. Additionally, the whole area is adorned with oceanside rocks perfect for a quiet little beach time.
This is followed by the Monkey Theatre Show. A performing arena which showcases trained monkeys as they demonstrate unique tricks that have been taught to them. One of the most sought after tricks is that of the monkeys harvesting coconuts.
One of the most-visted tourist attractions is the Mummified Monk – a mummified body of the Thai monk Luong Pordaeng, who died in 1973, sitting in a meditative position displayed in a glass case. For some it might be a little shocking, but for the Thais it is an act of reverence and reflection, an acceptance of the natural order of things.
Na Muang Waterfall, Nathon Town
The Na Muang Waterfall 1 has cool water flowing down into a natural pool, ideal for cooling off the day’s heat. One of the most scenic waterfalls of Koh Samui, it is perfect for a relaxing day out and allows for an adventurous elephant safari camp in the vicinity. The path to the waterfalls is paved by stalls selling snacks and souvenir shops. A perfect location for the explorer in you, the waterfalls makes for an ideal stop towards the second-half of the day.
Nathon Town is Koh Samui’s capital town that is the real Thai life package, that doesn’t catch your eye immediately but stays much after you’ve returned to your cozy homes. A wonderful opportunity to absorb the Thai culture, it is located a little down Koh Samui’s West Coast and is constantly buzzing with people wandering down the Walking Street or trying to catch the gorgeous sunset as it dips in the west.
Once dropped back to cruise, you will surely remember the day that went by.